Sacris CrossFit is reopening on May 9th with limited capacity.
We have been in discussions with the Tri-County Health department and are preparing the gym for our members to return! We are excited but also cautious. There are many regulations that we are following and in some cases, going above and beyond with. We are posting a document that lists everything we are doing to keep the facility clean when you arrive – we will also share this via email for anyone who requests it.
These are the some of the rules we will have in place when we open for very small training on May 9th. We are enacting these precautions to keep you and everyone in the community healthy and strong.
- Doors will open 5 minutes prior to the start of your training session.
- A touch-less thermometer will be used to ensure that everyone entering the gym shows no signs of sickness. (If you have any signs of any type of sickness, even if you feel it is allergies, cough, sneezing, fever, etc, please stay home. Perception is just as important as reality.)
- Only people who will be training will be allowed in the gym.
- Staff will check people in on their designated iPad.
- Each person must wear a *mask at all times while in the building. No exceptions.
- Each person must wash their hands upon entering the building.
- Each staff member, coach or otherwise, will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- No more than 3 people will be in a training session at one time.
- Each person will have their own workout space to use, while in class. This will be marked off with tape. This space will be a minimum of 6 feet away from anyone else, most likely much more.
- Each person’s equipment for that workout will be laid out in their own personal space.
- Each person will have their own chalk in a baggie for their use only.
- Each person will be assigned an area on the rig, if it will be used during the workout, and it will be at least 6 feet away from the next person.
- After completing the workout equipment should be left in your designated space and staff will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting.
- All equipment, floors, rig, etc will be cleaned and disinfected immediately after training is complete.
- Showers will not be in use, but bathrooms will.
- Each person will wash their hands upon exit.
- There will be a minimum of 30 minutes between each training session to ensure there is no congregating in the lobby.
We are trying to keep up with changes we are being advised of and pass those along to you as quickly as we can.
Coach Patrick will be doing a Facebook Live today on the importance of learning to breathe through your nose during a workout. Not only will this help with wearing a mask while working out, it will make you a *better athlete. More on that later! We will post it on You Tube for those of you who do not have a Facebook.
Well wishes and stay healthy,
Coach Patrick & Jennifer